ALMA ESPERANZA: CHAPTER 1

by - March 25, 2019

And here we go!

The prologue was such a cliffhanger, right?

I still have no idea where the story's gonna go but here's the first chapter! Some intense scenes right here so brace yourselves!

-----

Chapter 1: The Land of the Werewolf

It seems that the time I actually lost consciousness was only a short while. I closed my eyes and then opened them for a few seconds. For a moment, the situation in front of me made my brain malfunction. I thought I was in the same place because of the similar scenery, but it seems I was exiled “safely”.

Sitting in front of me who was kneeling on a red carpet was no longer an old King. To begin with, it is not even a human. It’s the Wolf King with a shiny, silver fur.

Did Wenzel’s castle blow you off… (T/N: I have no idea what this means.)

“It hurts! Get off me!”

I’m bound wherever I go. Well, it’s not just the chain. I can’t see them, but the guy holding my arms behind me is probably a wolf.

“Who the hell are you*?”

The King of Wolves narrows his eyes and opens his mouth. With his voice, he might be young, maybe as young as I am.

“I don’t know anything! If you want to kill me, then kill me!”

I’ve been enchanted by a witch, and I can’t take my own life.

With annoyance, I glared at the King of Wolves.

I had an existence that didn’t know the meaning of living from the time I was born. If I can die, I want to be killed as soon as possible. Come on, kill me!

I wonder if it’s because I’ve lost my temper, or if it’s because I’m not laughing at all, but the King of Wolves stood up and came right in front of me.

“You*, what’s your name?”

He grabbed my chin, which was bowed down, and forced me to look up.

With a sharp gaze peculiar to wolves, our eyes met.

“That’s…”
“Your name?”
“… Leo.”

A big hand twists around my neck, thick fingers biting into it.

It would be good if he just broke my neck.

Why not? A name would not be necessary to kill.

“Leo, huh…”

The Wolf King laughed through his nose and took his hand off my neck.

When he left, I saw sharp claws at the edge of my field of vision.

You’re not gonna kill me?

“You were banished from the land of men? What the hell did you do?”

Returning to his golden chair, literally, the King of Wolves looked down upon me.

“I don’t have the faintest clue, I didn’t do anything.”

I’m not lying. It’s nothing but the truth.

I was not the child of the king’s legal wife, I must have got in the way.

I’m not boasting, but I’m strong in every sense of the word.

“What do you want?”

If I say it with my mouth, if I say it in words, will you give it to me?

If you have such cold eyes, then you can easily give it to me.

“Death.”

There’s no fear at all, but the words that came out of my mouth were hoarse.

The only thing I want most is death.

This world, I’m really sorry.

“Death… Then try to do it. You can die by yourself.”

The King of Wolves drew a sword from his waist and threw it on the floor. It rolled down to my knees, but in me despair was born.

“Don’t fuck around! Kill me!”

Any way is fine. I can’t die unless it’s in the hands of others so any way is good. I can’t say that it’s magic, it’s a curse.

“Are you saying you can’t die by yourself? You coward.”

Again the King of Wolves laughs through his nose. You think I’d do something stupid if provoked, don’t you? Then I’ll do it! A miracle might happen!

“Shit! I might regret this… ah!”

When the power of the man who restrained my arm in the back weakened, I quickly grabbed the sword and I pierced my heart without hesitation.

“You fool.”

I felt that I could hear such words. The blade that pierced my body is cold, the blood that flows out and rapidly runs around is so hot that it seems to burn. Gradually, I didn’t understand. As if the rain washed away the blood of the battlefield, both the odor and the color…

TBC

-----

Note:

The word used here is “kisama” (貴様) which is a rude way of saying “You” in Japanese. Also used to refer to enemies and usually said by Japanese males when they are angry. (Thanks Wikipedia!) It's been used a few more times in this chapter.

You May Also Like

0 comments